An important ceremony that we have at Harvestime is the act of dedicating our children to the Lord. The Bible tells us the story of Hannah, a mother who prayed for a child and God granted that request. In 1 Samuel 1: 27, 28 Hannah states:
“I asked the Lord to give me this boy and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.”
- Dedication is an act of bringing your child before the congregation to bless them and dedicate them to the Lord.
- The dedication is really the parents dedicating themselves to raising their children to know who Jesus is.
- The ceremony consists of three parts.
- The parents receive a challenge to raise their children trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit to enable them to raise their children to become who God created them to be.
- The Father, (or leader of the home, grandparent, mother, etc.) speaks a blessing over their child.
- The pastor speaks a blessing over the family.
If you are interested in finding out more about child dedication you can get a brochure at the information booth.
If you are interested in dedicating your child at the next scheduled dedication service, you can:
- Fill out an Connect card which is at every seat in our sanctuary. You can then turn it in at the information booth.
- Contact Vicki at email@example.com