To register your child to be dedicated at one of our services, click here.
An important ceremony that we have at Harvestime is the act of dedicating our children to the Lord. The Bible tells us the story of Hannah, a mother who prayed for a child and God granted that request. In 1 Samuel 1: 27, 28 Hannah states:
“I asked the Lord to give me this boy and he has granted my request. Now I am giving him to the Lord, and he will belong to the Lord his whole life.”
- Dedication is an act of bringing your child before the congregation to bless them and dedicate them to the Lord.
- The dedication is really the parents dedicating themselves to raising their children to know who Jesus is.
- The ceremony consists of three parts.
- The parents receive a challenge to raise their children trusting in the power of the Holy Spirit to enable them to raise their children to become who God created them to be.
- The Father, (or leader of the home, grandparent, mother, etc.) speaks a blessing over their child.
- The pastor speaks a blessing over the family.
If you are interested in finding out more about child dedication you can get a brochure at the information booth.
If you are interested in dedicating your child at the next scheduled dedication service, you can:
- Fill out an Connect card which is at every seat in our sanctuary. You can then turn it in at the information booth.
- Contact Vicki at email@example.com