Sermon Notes from Pastor Kyle
Burning down the garage.
Chicago Fire: The Great Chicago Fire was a conflagration that burned in the American city of Chicago during October 8–10, 1871. The fire killed approximately 300 people, destroyed roughly 3.3 square miles (9 km2) of the city, and left more than 100,000 residents homeless.
The word fire is mentioned in the bible 510 times in the kjv.
Do people know we have encountered the fire?
Genesis 15:17 fire pot
Genesis 8 burnt offering to the lord
Daniel 3 shadrach, meshach and abednego and the fiery furnace
1 kings 18 elijah and the prophets of baal
3 basic needs of a fire
- Air: Holy spirit And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being” (Genesis 2:6-7)
- Rule of 3’s three minutes without oxygen, three days without water, three weeks without food
- Ruah HaKodesh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2rUg_P2dUM
- Psalm 51
- Candle example:::little opening, no opening
- HIs name is whispering something to us.
- Ruach Ha’Kodesh
- Raysh: picture of the head, master leader, or prince
- Vav: picture of the iron nail. Fasten two things together that normally don’t go together
- Chet: picture of the fence, separate, protect also a place of sanctuary
- A Leader who will connect us to boundary or fence that will be a place of protection or sanctuary.
- Hay: picture of a man with uplifted arms, it means to behold
- Kuf: picture of the back of the head, it means the least
- dalet : picture of the door, it is a place of decision, or change
- Shen:picture of teeth, it means to consume or press. This is the letter that God identifies himself
- Someone unworthy, the least is being brought through a doorway where God will identify himself
- The leader who intends to join us, to clear boundaries, which will allow the least of us to be set apart and invited to pass through a doorway where God will identify himself to us.
- Why do the wild fires burn so out of control? The wind
- God revealed a new portion of himself to Moses as Yewhew ”I am that I am”
- Heat: caused by combustion, there is a release of energy. There is a release of light.
- 3 log fire can get to 1000 degrees fahrenheit
- Silver smith example
- The word of god is like a mirror
- Verse 5 & 6 5 “Do not come any closer,” the Lord warned. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground. 6 I am the God of your father[c]—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” When Moses heard this, he covered his face because he was afraid to look at God.
- 18 “The elders of Israel will accept your message. Then you and the elders must go to the king of Egypt and tell him, ‘The Lord, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. So please let us take a three-day journey into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the Lord, our God.’
- Romans 12:1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
- Fuel is used until there is nothing left
- King David paid for the temple and brought the wood in for the temple. Yet Solomon is credited with the temple.
- NO one ever looks at the logs in the fire and talks about how beautiful the logs are. They talk about the fire.
- Will you allow your life to be used up so much that there is nothing left?
- My life is like a drink offering being poured out on the altar. Good News Translation … For I am already being offered, and the time of my departure has come.
- Moses experienced the fire. A short time later Israel is going to experience freedom. God was going to make a way for them. They were going to experience the tabernacle where God’s presence would come down to meet with them. And they followed
Matthew 27: 50-51 50 Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. 51 At that moment the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. The earth shook, rocks split apart,
Acts 2 2 Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm, and it filled the house where they were sitting. 3 Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. 4 And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit
AIR- new to the holy spirit ask him for an experience
HEAT- read 2 corinthians 13:14
FUEL- what is something that needs to be consumed both good and bad