throughout the year we have focusing on the word abide.
The colors have been changing throughout the year and now we are in a season of harvest.
Abide = remain, not to depart, survive and live, not become different from another.
You must dwell in me and I in you John 15: 4
All know this verse but why is it so important in my life?
2. We are dust
To grow, there are a couple of elements that are important, one being ground.
We are the dirt that God wants to work through
Genesis 2: 7 and the LORD God formed man from the dust of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living being.
- human organs, body of a man
- Human nature, earthly nature apart from divine influence.
Divine influence is breath of God.
Sin caused us to lose that divine sense of God’s presence all around us. Romans states the invisible qualities of God are all around us pointing us to a God awareness, but we miss it.
- Not only have we lost the divine influence, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God 1 Corinthians 15: 50
- Walking in the flesh Galatians 5: 19, 20 will not inherit the kingdom of God.
- Isaiah 65: 25 The serpent will eat dust
- Arid life (Spiritually Dry) Psalm 22: 16 my strength is dried up like broken pottery…I am in the dust of death.
- We came from dust and to dust we will return.Ecclesiastes 3: 20
- And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth ill awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt. Daniel 12: 2
Born being made in God’s image from dust with his divine presence in us, but now living as serpent food destined to eternal separation from God.
3. Christ made in our image.
David cried from this position in Psalm 119: 25 My inner being lives in dust quicken me.
Philippians 2: 7 but emptied Himself of His own quality taking the form of a servant, when He came in a likeness of men
Jesus came in the image of dust.
What was the difference then? John 7: 37 Jesus is living water for us so we must continually come to him
Isaiah 26: 19 Arise and sing you who live in the dust for your dew is as the dew of herbs. (Dew of heaven making us alive.
Not just water to calm the dust storms that rise up in our lives, but refreshing from the core of our being.
4. Walking out abiding
If the flesh is the food of satan, then walk after the spirit and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
As I walk this life out and abide in him the flesh is quieted.
- fragile jars 2 Corinthians 4: 7 We now have this light shining in our hearts but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.
- Glory with dust floating around us.
- Arise up from the dust Oh Jerusalem sit in a place of honor and remove the chains of slavery from your neck. Isaiah 52: 2
- Jesus to Peter and washing feet. You are already clean wash your feet.
- God realizes we are dust. Psalm 103: 14
God forged us out of dust and we will bear the finger prints of God in our lives, or we will be serpent food.