We are going to pull out a few things as we look at the offerings and feasts that are offered in Leviticus.
- Kingdom of Priests
- God desired all of Israel to be a kingdom of priests. Exodus 19: 6
- Stewards of the word of God
- Channels with which the word of God would be communicated to the world.
- All the world would be blessed through them.
- Original plan
- Firstborn son of each family was to be a priest
- More separated from Israel than others.
- The priesthood is called to point toward Jesus and the mediator of a New Covenant.
- In the New Covenant, we are all called to be a channel of blessing to those around us.
- The everlasting covenant of Phinneas Numbers 25: 13
2. Studying the Levites
- As we study the Levites, we will understand the everlasting covenant that we are to minister in today.
- We are not only told that they were called, but why they were called in Malachi 2: 4 – 6
- Greatly revered me
- Stood in awe of my name.
- This comes from Exodus 32: 26 – 29
- Moses stated who is on the Lord’s side to come to him.
- They strapped swords on their side and avenged the dishonor done to him
- In Moses blessing to the tribes, Moses mentions their readiness for God’s service Deuteronomy 33: 8, 9
- Mentioned Phinehas and his zeal is strikingly similar to that of the Levites as a whole.Numbers 25: 10 – 13
3. Jealousy for God
- Jealous with God’s jealousy 2 Corinthians 11: 2
- Jealous for God’s honor
- This is the gateway into a new covenant of an everlasting priesthood.
- Being entrusted by God with the sacred work of teaching His people, interceding before Him and turning many from sin. Deuteronomy 33: 10 Malachi 2: 6
- We can be tempted to pursue our own happiness and holiness rather than the deliverance of men.
- A reckless disregard of everything that would interfere with God’s will and commands, a being jealous with God’s jealousy against sin, a witnessing and a fighting against it at any sacrifice
- They are dishonored by every golden calf that takes the place of worship of God.
4. Set Apart
- Consecrate yourselves today unto the Lord even every man upon his brother. Exodus 32: 29
- consecration because of fear.
- Jeremiah 32: 40
- God will show his New Covenant to those who fear Him Psalm 25: 14
- Without fear, we will take the grace of the New Covenant to dangerous levels
- Hypocritical in pointing out sin
- Overwhelmed by not wanting to offend.
5. The impossibility of the Priesthood
- God knows the huge responsibility of praying for others and believing for an answer or ministering the hope of the Word of God to those who are beyond hope.
- Ezekiel knew what it was to be filled with the spirit of God Ezekiel 18: 30 – 32
- Just get a new heart and serve God.
- God showed Ezekiel how he was going to do this
- Ezekiel 37: 2, 3 completely dried out
- Ashamed, confused disappointed
- Live again Revived?
- Spirit came and gave them life 37: 9, 10
- Holy Spirit is under oath to do this work in our lives. Ephesus 3: 16, 17
- Trying to do it in our own power will kill us and others.
- Romans 8: 13 talking to people instead of bones.
- Unbelief steps us from enjoying the work of the Holy Spirit
- God’s promise to cleanse us (consecrate us)
- David rule over them. Ezekiel 37: 24, 25
- Vs 26 land place of solid ground a place of firmness unshakable.
- Moses, who is on the Lord’s side. They came to his land away from idol
- Strap sword because you fear God.
- Your inheritance will be God rather than land.
- God will make us unshakable.
- Sacrifice ourselves for others.