We are looking at the core values of HTC.
Harvestime Church exists to “Build Lives for Life change.
our Core values spell out R2E2L
- Relationship with God
- Relationship with Each Other
- Every Believer a Minister
- Evangelism Home and Abroad
- Life change
the Reason for the church Video
Luke 15: 15 – 13
1. Life change is a process
- the son came into relationship with his father
- He grew into knowing what it meant to be a son again.
2. The servants helped the son come into that relationship
- put ring on finger
- finest robe in the house
- sandals on his feet
- Killed the fatted calf
The father did not do any of these things, they were left to the servants.
Matthew 28: 19 Go and make disciples (show them what it is to have relationship with me.)
Key Point: Some people will be in relationship with HTC long before they buy into relationship with Jesus.
The bible talks about seven things we need to be involved in during the last days. 5 of them have to do with relationships
- Don’t judge each other 1 Corinthians 4: 5
- Have Communion 1 Corinthians 11: 26
- Love for each other grow 1 Thessalonians 3: 12, 13
- Don’t neglect meeting together as a church Hebrews 10: 24, 25
- Reach the lost Jude 21 – 23
The Sunday Morning service is like a front porch. not everything happens there, but it is a great place to introduce yourself to someone and bring them into the house.
The front porch is an opportunity for each of us to minister to each other and bring people into relationship.
We are called to be a life boat that goes back out to those drowning so we can help some.