We are looking at the theme generations during the month of March.
- Passing the baton next week
- Mentoring and what that looks like
- Selah Service which means stop and think about this. Do it again.
2. Alpha and Omega
Name of Jesus used four times in Revelation 1: 8, 11 21: 6, 22: 13
Alpha first letter of Greek Alphabet and Omega, the last letter of the Greek Alphabet.
Jesus is the beginning and the end of all things.
- He was before all things
- He will be at the close of all things
- Beyond time which we will not understand because we are limited by Time
- Describing colors when all you have is black and white.
- Name proves he is God
- Isaiah 41: 4 I the Lord am the first, and the last I Am He
- Author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 12: 2 he started it and he will finish it.
Spend all morning on this but we are using it as a baseline for what we want to talk about. He does not change, but.
3. We Change.
We are just a mist or a flower that is here today and gone tomorrow.
And when he [God] had removed him [Saul], he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfill all my will. Acts 13: 22
This truth is further embellished in verse 36:
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep.
In this historical narrative, these two verses declare a most demanding insight that should lay hold of the life of each child of God in every generation
- Fulfill my will (theileimi) My wishes or desires
- By the will of God (boulei) divine counsel
4. Serving My Generation
- I did not live during the Reformation of the break with Rome
- I did not live during the Wycliffe Bible translation years
- The Wesley’s putting the bible doctrines to music
- The Awakenings of the 17 and 1800’s
- I am alive today by God’s wishes and desires.
- Called to seek him on how to live through the times I am alive in.
Acts 2: 16 We are living in the last days.
The point I have to ask myself is where are we living, Beginning, Middle, or end of the last days?
If in last of last days, we need to see how Enoch walked in his days.
- Genesis 5: 24 He walked with God or in Hebrews 11: 5 a person who pleased God
- Forget what we do for God if we don’t walk with Him in holiness and intimacy
- Hebrews 11: 5 He walked by faith and was translated
- Expectancy of the people when they come together.
- Jude 14, 15 Had a word for his generation. Prophesied. Cut to the heart that God is really among us.
6. Our Generation.
- God you are unchanging and wrapping things up
- We are called by your desires to serve this generation
- You will give us divine counsel
- We will walk with you
- In Holiness
- In Faith
- In Prophetic message.