History is made when the life of Jesus crosses our path and we make Jesus story on the earth. We want to continue to look at the story of Jesus sending out his disciples to preach that the kingdom of God is near.
Luke 10: 1, 2
- Sending out to proclaim the Kingdom of God.
We have talked a few weeks ago about sharing the kingdom of God
- John the Baptist first message
- Jesus first message
- Jesus not returning until whole world hears the message of the kingdom of God.
2. Chose Vs 1
Chose = Appointed as king, elected to an office, lifted upon high for all to behold.
John 15: 16 you did not chose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit–fruit that will last.
chose here = appointed with a special favor.
Appointed = Set in place.
Set in place for a special purpose or reason.
What is that reason?
- To Bear Fruit = To bear a burden until it comes forth.
The tension or clash that is the result of a combination of two disharmonious or unstable elements.
EXAMPLE: friendship but eventually there will be a clash of cultures. This is more than just views on Homosexual marriage or legalization of marihuana. We are surrounded by good people, yet good people are going to hell. None of us are good and we all have fallen short.
Create an curiosity for Jesus.
Luke 10: 1 go to the places that I am about to visit.
- Motorcycle Rally
- Converge Kids
- Fireworks/ handing out water bottles.
- Mondovi. 80%in churches under 7 years old
Guilt unless we do something on our part.
4. Harvest is great.
We don’t have to wait for a great awakening to see lives changed.
Time of gathering men into the kingdom of God.
5. Workers are Few
- Short of time
- Short of number
- Lack of intensity. (not really convinced that good people are not going to heaven)
EXAMPLE: Esther needed Mordecai to inspire her to stand against the king for such a time as this.
Beg God. to change our priorities.
John 15: 16 chose you to bear fruit. Ask what you will and it will be given to you.
7. Lord to send more workers.
Ekbello Draw out with force, Cause a thing to move toward its intended course.
- God has appointed me and set me in a special place
- To bear a burden until he comes.
- There will be dissonance a collision of ideas
- Create a curiosity as Jesus is coming to visit.
- There is not much time, people, or intensity to see this happen in our day.
- God thrust us into this arena. Cause us to move toward our intended course.
- What are you setting up today?
We will be rejected for our message but they are not rejecting us. We just need to get out of the way.
Luke 10: 16 Anyone who is accepting your message is accepting me, anyone who rejects you is rejecting me and anyone who rejects me is rejecting God, who sent me.