Matthew 10: 7
1. Jesus is sending out his disciples to preach the kingdom of God has come
- Same message that John the Baptist and Jesus started their ministry with.
- Message must be shared with the whole world before Jesus returns.
- Kingdom is:
- Righteousness = born again
- Nothing between God and me
- My God is good.
3. Joy = knowing I am the Holy Spirits desire.
2. Sent out like sheep among wolves. Vs 16
God is always sending out to do his mission with circumstances beyond our ability to accomplish.
EXAMPLE: God will never give you more than you can handle. this is a lie as we are always overwhelmed and need to stand in His power.
3. Twelve Spies standing on the promise.
For 2 years, they were given a promise that they were going to take the promised land.
Spied out the land and came back with a report.
- I don’t think the ten spies considered themselves evil.
- Gave a report on what they saw.
- Walled cities
- Giants in the land
- We are so weak in their site. (Sheep among wolves)
Problem is they did not mix the promise with faith.
Hebrews 11: 6 Without faith it is impossible to please God.
EXAMPLE: I know I have a promise from God, but I don’t see any way that it is going to come to pass.
1 Corinthians 1: 27 God chooses what the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. He chose the powerless to shame those who are powerful…As a result if you are to boast, boast only about the LORD.
3. Sent to advance Kingdom
Disciples sent out to advance the kingdom of God.
Problems in front of them huge, but that is the way God works.
Mix promise with faith rather than circumstances.
Hebrews 6: 9 – 12 God will not forget how faithful you are. Don’t grow spiritually dull. He will reward you and you will inherit God’s promises.
What is the situation that is in front of you?
4. Your Kingdom Come Your will be done.
4. Keeping Focus.
Psalm 131: 1, 2 Lord, my heart is not haughty,nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in the things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child.
Circumstances are going to come across our path that we are not going to understand. Don’t concern yourself with them.
- God only Hope. Sheep among wolves, Walled cities, Giants in the land
- Focus attention on Him through praise and worship
- Get a stones throw away. (Jesus Prayed in Garden a stones throw away. Elijah prayed a stones throw away.)
- Don’t let circumstance get out of context. (Bigger picture happening around us)
Growth happens when we are weaned off our mothers milk and grow up and eat vegetables.
EXAMPLE: Eat your vegetables they are good for you.
5. Pray for mountain to be moved.
- Gave me a promise
- Send me out to fulfill it.
- Circumstances beyond control but trusting
- Quieting my soul as i grow and mature.
- Ask what you will and it will be done for you. Mark 11: 22 – 24.
Any situation you are in that is beyond the power of God to change?
Any mountain that God cannot remove?
Any wolves growling that sound like they are going to eat you up?