Romans 16: 19, 20 I want you to be wise in doing right and to stay innocent of any wrong. The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
To have peace we need a biblical persistence
Luke 18: 1 – 3 give me justice in my fight with my enemy.
Some of us will not go to war until satan comes against us and drives us to the judge.
Vs 6 God is not unjust, he is just showing that if an unjust judge will answer, how much more will he respond to those who cry out to him.
Vs 8 We give up and God is wondering if there is anyone with faith on this earth.
We can expect one battle after another.
When Gideon tore down the altar to Baal, the Midianites showed up.
Gideon was empowered by the Holy Spirit to endure the battle.
Isaiah 59: 19 When the enemy comes in like a flood the Spirit of the Lord will rise up a standard against him.
- We have the Spirit of God in our lives to guide us into all truth John 16: 13
- When we lack wisdom, we can ask God James 1: 5
- Spirit prays for us when we do not know how to pray Romans 8: 26
- God has not given us a spirit of fear 2 Timothy 1: 7
Enemy is already defeated
- Satan is not under some illusion that he is still capable of winning Revelation 12: 12
- Demons knew Jesus could torture them before their time. Matthew 8: 29
Flexing Prayer Muscle and having faith in God is important Matthew 21: 21
- Watch for battles that spring up in the ranks Judges 7: 1 – 3
- Watch for exhaustion Judges 7: 4
- Don’t be depressed over lack of support Judges 7: 5
- Continue until the enemy is totally defeated Judges 7: 21
David 2 Samuel 22: I chased my enemies and destroyed them. I did not stop until they were conquered. I consumed them. I struck them down so they did not get up. They fell beneath my feet. You have armed me with strength for the battle you have subdued my enemies under my feet.
Key Point Peace comes after the battle is won Judges 7: 28