You must love God with all your heart Mark 12: 30
1. Our hearts can become like well trampled ground (Luke 8: 12)
Trampled means an air of superiority or becoming a sermon proof christian.
Ezekiel 36: 26 “I will give you anew heart and put a new spirit inyou; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.”
Statistics numb the heart because there is no face to the situation that we are reading about.
George Bernard Shaw ” The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them. That’s the essence of inhumanity.”
2. A heart change is needed
Key Point: We need a heart transplant
There are studies that believe the heart has cellular memory Heart memory
93% of heart transplant people acknowledge
- Realization of a second chance on life
- Honor Donors
- Feel a responsibility that accompanied a new heart that made it hard to go back to their old lifestyle.
Putting a name to tragedy changes our perspective.
3. Focus means everything
Depending on our outlook, we can change our attitude according to our perspective.
Mall Mentality shows us what we are lacking as we walk through the mall. This leads to unhappiness.
Mark 6: 34 – 44
- The disciples focused on what they did not have to meet the need
- Jesus focused on the opportunity to receive a miracle.
- they had twelve baskets left over to shoe each disciple that God can provide.
4. Loving God with all your heart
- Repent of allowing our heart to become hart hearted over our own inadequacies.
- Ask God to break our hearts over what breaks His
- React like a christian.