- Parable of the Penny
We are in the midst of a series called the parable of the penny
- Table of 29,200 pennies representing days of our lives to the age 80
- Sleep 1/3 of them 9,800 so what we do with the rest of them determines what makes up our lives
- Waste days in worry, hardening our hearts through fear OR spend them well in sowing them into the lives of others
- Parables in Matthew 25 and Luke 19 about a master giving talents to people and then leaving for a time period
- When he returns, there will be reward or punishment according to what we have done with the talents and responsibilities given to each of us.
- Those who invested wisely received reward, while those who did the least with their lives were cast out from the presence of the king.
- We must produce a life that remains and has reward.
- bible states that there are three things that remain. Faith Hope and Love. You plant in these three areas, you will spend your life well and there will be reward.
- Last four sermons, then why did it take you so long to say them last time. That is the mystery of being a minister.
2. Judgement day
Key here is that there is a judgement day coming for all of us.
1 Corinthians 3: 10 skilled master builder. (God has given us talents according to our abilities.) Foundation is Jesus Christ. Vs 13 JUDGEMENT DAY work revealed.
- Wood = burn up
- Hay faster burning
- Stubble explosive quality
- Gold, silver refined by fire
- Stones enduring quality.
Making your life count is not always measurable in our eyes. We can have bigger and better, but in the end it will all be burned up because the Lord looks at the motives of our hearts. (Proverbs 16: 2)
EXAMPLE: some people cannot visit an orphanage without taking the press with them. Bible states that if you let your lefthand know what your right hand is doing, you have received all the reward you will ever get.
- Faith likened to gold out of fire. 1 Peter 1: 7 Will look more at this in a couple of weeks
- Hope likened to enduring We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation Look at this next week
- This morning Love
3. Sowing in Love
Can’t cover everything about Love in a few minutes or even a whole message because it is the greatest, but how do you Sow in Love?
Luke 6: 37, 38 Judging and grace for others and we will receive grace.
Give to others. Good measure pressed down shaken and running over.
EXAMPLE: Those who work by the hour and those who take home the load. Make as much room as I can for the grace of God for others.
Luke 10: 30 Love your neighbor. Trying to make himself look good he asked who is my neighbor?
Priest and Levite.
EXAMPLE: Neighbor, Name, Job they work at, something going on in their life. We all fail at this.
+1 challenge. Facebook page, sound [email protected] 1000 pluses.
What IF? Jesus is the samaritan. Vs 35 brings wounded to us as innkeepers take care of him and here is the money. Talents. Whatever you spend in addition, I will repay you
Go and do Likewise.