1. Satan’s Place
In the Old Testament, satan was an accuser of the godly
- Priest named Joshua (Zechariah 3: 1 – 6)
Revelation 12: 10, 11 the accuser has been cast down and defeated by the blood of Jesus.
There has never been a victory without occupation from the troops
Key Point: We are called to overcome satan by faith in the blood of Jesus
2. When the Bible mentions the blood of Jesus it is spoken in two terms. blood shed and blood sprinkled.
The blood of Jesus was shed at the cross but it needs to be sprinkled to have an effect on our lives.
- children of Israel and the blood on their doorposts (See Exodus 12: 22)
- Moses and the leaders eating int he presence of God(See Exodus 24)
3. What does it mean to walk a sprinkled life?
1. it is a life of faith.
Romans 3: 25 For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed his blood, sacrificing his life for us.
Hebrews 10: 22 let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting him. For our evil consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water (Holy Spirit as a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance)
2. It is a life of peace
Hebrews 13: 20 And now, may the God of peace, who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, all that is pleasing to him. Jesus is the great Shepherd of the sheep by an everlasting covenant, signed with his blood
3. it is a life of victory over satan
Revelation 12: 11, 12 accuser of our brothers and sisters cast down, rejoice you who live in the heavens but terror will come on the earth and the sea for satan has come down with great anger.
4. It is a life of joy
- Romans 5: 11 We also joy in God through Jesus Christ by whom we have now received the atonement.
- Psalm 32: 11 Be glad in the Lord and rejoice you righteous and shout for joy all you who are upright in heart.
- Revelations 12: 12 rejoice O heavens and you who live in the heavens rejoice.
Communion is a sprinkling of the blood
- come in faith
- receive peace
- receive victory
- respond in joy