Revelation 14 b
We are at the end of the end.
God’s judgement against sin and death is almost over.
Then why is it taking so long to end?
1. We are looking at a couple of flashbacks while this is happening.
1. Two more flashbacks are still ahead.
- There is no time in heaven so things are happening in heaven in different time than here on earth
- There is the view of the end from different perspectives.
- What is happening on earth with the antichrist
- What is happening to the believers who are here on earth
- What is happening in heaven
1. The announcement of the three angels. 6 – 13
- The first angel Vs 6, 7
- Worship God who made heaven and earth.
- I personally believe this will be a voice that will be heard from heaven.
- Some will reject it like it was just thunder. (See John 12: 27 – 29)
- This is not for people to become saved. It is too late for that to happen anymoreas the enormous angel declared that it was all over (See Revelation 10: 6)
- Angels worship him for creation and this is why the angel is yelling worship the onewho made the heavens, the earth and the sea.
- The Second Angel Vs 81. Babylon has fallen. This will be explained more in Chapter 17.
1. Babylon can be a city, a system of government, a religion, a society, or all of them together.
3. The Third Angel speaks.9 – 11
1. Any who worship the beast and take his mark
- This again shows that the taking of the mark is a sign of worship. We do nothave to worry about accidentally taking the mark.
- It may seem innocent to those taking it. Maybe for promotion or food in harddays, but there are dire consequences for taking it.
- Drink the wine of God’s anger.
- Full measure of the wrath. Have heard the statement that God loves thesinner but hates the sin. Here there is no longer a separation.
- Hell is not a party place. (See you in hell)
- Fire and burning sulfur. Not an imaginary place, but real.
- Done in the presence of The Lamb and his angels
- The only reason for this judgement is a rejection of what Jesus did on the cross.
- They rejected Lamb to worship antichrist.
- Romans 5: 9 and since we have been made right in God’s sight by theblood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation.
- They refuse to acknowledge Jesus as the Lamb here on earth butthey will stand before Him and acknowledge Him as the Lamb. (See Philippians 2: 9, 10)
3. Smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Those who believe that hell is not eternal will have to deal with this verse and others.
- Matthew 25: 41 Depart into everlasting fire
- Mark 8: 36, 37 What shall it profit?
2. Announcement of blessing on those who remain faithful. This is why I think the voices are out loud. It is a word of encouragement to those who are on the earth. They are under incredible persecution and now they are encouraged that the reward for faithfulness is incredible.
- Endurance is encouraged
- Obedience to God
- Faithfulness to Jesus.
- John is reminded to write this down again because the sight is so wonderful.
- Can’t take your things with you?
- Good deeds will follow you to heaven.
- Giving we have done1. Time
2. The Time of Harvest Vs 14 – 16
- One seated on the throne.
- Son of Man. (See Daniel 7: 13)
- Crown of God on his head (As compared to a crown of thorns when here on earth.)
- Voice calls out to harvest the earth
- The earth is ripe = over ripe or rotted on the vine.
1. God does not rush into judgement.
4. Sickle harvest the earth. (See Matthew 13: 37 – 43)
- Field is the world
- Seed is the people of the kingdom
- Weeds are darnel or black wheat that can’t produce good grain. Looks like wheatuntil the time of harvest.
- Harvest is the end of the world and the harvesters are the angels.
- Weeds sorted and burned in hell.
- Good seed will shine like the sun.
3. People readied for wrath. Vs 17 – 20 (See Joel 3: 14 gathering of people for judgement. Armageddon)
- Angel for judgement comes from the altar. This is the place of prayer. Again our prayers play an important role in the final judgements.
- What we saw with the Trumpets was judgment against sin. Now we are going to see the Wrath of God coming.
- Grapes gathered for the winepress. People will come against Jerusalem to destroy it.
- They in turn will be destroyed by the return of Jesus.
- River of blood will be 180 miles long
- Prophesied in Zechariah 2: 8, 9
- This is the great time of separation between the believers and those prepared forjudgement.
- The question is whose side are you going to be on on that day?