1. Who is the Psalm talking too?
- Those whose sins have been forgiven Vs 1
- They pray in times of trouble Vs 6
- Know that God is their hiding place Vs 7
- God protects them from trouble Vs 7
- God surrounds them with songs of victory Vs 7
2. We can be these people who are close to God, yet we are like Mules when it comes to obeying Him. Vs 8, 9
If we want understanding, we need to be able to sit down and talk with Him and He wants to talk with us according to Revelation 3: 20
God wants to fellowship with us and the only way we can learn to do this is by learning to trust Him.
3. Learning to trust God.
If God does something, it is always for two reasons.
- So God would get glory
- Enemy is made a fool
God did something so powerful in Egypt that they talked about it 500 years later (See 1 Samuel 4: 8)
A mule does not trust God and will only come after Him when he forces them to with a bridle.
4. How not to be a mule
Walk and God will credit it as faith. Hebrews 11: 29
Key Point: Trust him through all your circumstances and He will deliver you.
Colossians 1: 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His dear son.