There is a blessing that I speak each week and today I want to share why I say that to you.
Numbers 6: 22 – 27
- Why a blessing?
Many times the things we think are a blessing are just a noose around our necks.
God states that when we say this blessing, the name of God will be upon us.
EXAMPLE: satan wants to give you a number, but God wants to put His name upon you.
Hebrew word Shin which is the first letter in the name Shaddai
The LORD Bless you so it is God blessing you and we just become a channel which that blessing can flow through.
First line 3 words
Second line 5 words
Third line 7 words so the blessing gets more intense as we say it.
2. First Wave
You is singular so it is an individual blessing to each of us and not just a corporate one (Not yous if you are visiting from the UP)
- Chase you down
- Bless means to kneel before you (1 Chronicles 29: 20)
- Come let us worship and bow down Let us kneel before the Lord our maker for he is our God (Psalm 95: 6)
- Magi knelt before Jesus to honor and bless him with gifts.
- To bless means to come on bended knee before you.
- Jesus knelt before his disciples to wash their feet
The Lord is coming before you on bended knee to give you a gift. (Philippians 2: 7, 8)
Keep you Surround with thorns to protect you.
3. Second wave
Face to shine upon you
Genesis 1: 16, 17 Reflect the glory of the Lord.
God look directly into your face
Rule if you do not understand something, to look at the opposite of it.
Deuteronomy 31: 17, 18 God hide his face from us.
Gracious unto you
3 levels of grace Chanan Mark Biltz and the adoption agency
- All can have cookies. The good and the bad
- Some child who is rebellious and wants to get them his own way God will still give cookies. JAH God dwells with the rebellious.
- WOMB I will adopt who I will. Those who come through Jesus Christ are mine.
- While still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5: 8
4. Third wave
Lift up his countenance upon you
- Cain, why has your countenance fallen? Anger
- Jeremiah 3: 12 Oh Israel my faithless people come home to me again for I am merciful I will not be angry with you forever. (Presence with a smile on God’s face)
EXAMPLE: man holding up a child and smiling as he looks at him.
Give you his peace.
- Totally satisfied
- Not just a calmness
Philippians 4: 7 peace that passes all understanding.
Stand to get this blessing.
May the Lord bless you and keep you
May the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you
May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace