Ezekiel ministered the same time as Daniel and Jeremiah.
Ezekiel 1: 4 Ezekiel saw a terrible storm coming from the North.
1. The Crude Awakening
Thirst for oil is 86 million barrels a day and 98.5 by 2015
Oil Prices have quintupled int he past six years.
An alliance is predicted that will invade Israel
Don Richardson Musil strategist ask their followers Why do we find in these modern times that Allah has entrusted most of the world’s oil wealth primarily to Muslim nations. Allah foresaw Islam’s need for funds to finance a final politico-religious victory over what Islam perceives as its ultimate enemy (Don Richardson “The Secrets of the Koran)
2. Hope in the Midst of the Storm
Ezekiel 1: 5 – 9
In the middle of the storm cloud, there was the Holiness of God
When God reveals His Holiness, He is about to do something new…
- Exodus 3 Moses
- Daniel 10 the Last days revelation
- Revelation 1: 12 the Revelation to John
Luke 21: 28 when these things begin to happen look up and lift up your heads for your redemption is drawing near.
The Holiness of God revealed for man.
- Man= Redemption of mankind
- Lion= Royal king of the beasts
- Oxen = Strength when yoked
- Eagle = soar above problems in this world
Ezekiel 1: 11 – 14 Movement is happening so God is not stagnant during the storm.
Vs 13 Coals (See Isaiah 6: 6 could they be one and the same?)
3. The Wheels of God.
Ezekiel 1: 15 – 18 The wheels represent the church.
As the storm is coming, the church grows to awesome power because of Jesus
4. Our response to the glory in the storm
Ezekiel 2: 1 – 3 stand up Ezekiel for you have a job to do.
- Don’t judge others before the time until the Lord comes (1 Corinthians 4: 5)
- Remember communion. For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes (1 Corinthians 11: 26)
- Think differently If you are raised with Christ, set your minds ont hings above where Christ is sitting…so when Christ who isyour life appears, you will appear with Him in glory (Colossians 3: 1 – 4)
- Love each other more and more. “increase in love for one another…so you will be blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with His saints. (1 Thessalonians 3: 12 – 13)
Don’t neglect the church. Don’t forsake the assembly of ourselves together, but exhort each other and so much more as you see the day approaching. (Hebrews 10: 24 – 25)
- Get rid of sin Now children abide in Him that when he appears you may have confidence at his appearing. (1 John 2: 28, 29)
- Reach the lost “Keep yourselves in the love of God looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus…save others with fear pulling them out of the fire, hating event he garments defiled by flesh. (Jude 21 – 23)