- I am the resurrection
John 11: 25 I am the resurrection and the life
Vision to carry us through what lies in front of us.
Not just the one who is going to raise your brother, but I am the resurrection.
- First an understanding of the being then the having.
- Too often satisfied with having rather than who we are with.
- EXAMPLE: heaven without Jesus is it still heaven?
- EXAMPLE christmas is just fill in the order and depressed if they didn’t get it right.
- Resurrection is important in facing the battles that are in front of us.
- Most catastrophic events that are coming on the earth. Before these events take place, Jesus gives us a revelation of who he is.
- Revelation 1: 17 Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died but look–I am alive forever and ever!
- I can restore any situation that is in front of you
- I can raise you even if it kills you.
- Jesus resurrection carried the scars of death with him as proof that he is alive.
- Without death, you can have no resurrection.
- John 20 Jesus still had the marks of death on His body as proof, not just that he was dead, but that he was now alive.
Christ has been resurrected, we are his body.
Key Point: A resurrected Christ wants a resurrected body
2. Carrying the stigmata
Galatians 6: 17 ..For I bear on my body the scars that show I belong to Jesus
scars = Stigmata bearing the wounds of Jesus in our bodies.
- We can’t bring about these marks on ourselves
- Some beat their bodies with whips
- Some move away from everybody as they are the only ones who are doing it right.
- We try by fasting, self denial, more bible studies
- EXAMPLE: we can only produce death wood buried will rot and seed will die and produce
- Only a work of the Holy Spirit can bring this about.
- through the situations we encounter all around us.
2 Corinthians 4: 11, 12 Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies. So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.
We stare in the face of death and call them tragedies instead of seeing the hand of God working behind them all bringing resurrection.
- Everyday no food
- Everyday no water
- Enemies all around them killing the stragglers.
- How many see this as freedom from bondage?
Anything that enters the grave, desert, problem remains a dead thing unless it comes out the other side resurrected.
God allows the jar to be broken or spilled so the treasure that is inside may spill out.
3. Need Resurrection power.
Colossians 1: 11 We pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power….
- Astonish people with miracles or prophetic words?
- World will know you are God and come to you.
- Brothers and mother of Jesus were always trying to make Jesus show His power and not hide.
- When this is what power means, we are always frustrated in our walk when things don’t turn out the way we thought. (For Martha it was a dead Brother and we don’t understand why)
…. So we can have all the endurance and patience you need and you will be filled with joy thanking the Father.
Satan always working the three D’s
Jesus was always in incredible situations of chaos
- Romans and Zealots in crowd is it wrong to pay taxes?
- Crowd picking up stones to kill him.
- People demanding law on a prostitute
- No food for 5000 men plus women and children
- He always moved through these scenes with calmness and quietness of spirit.
- Vision slide