We are going to learn how to wait for God to move suddenly
A person once said, God moves suddenly, but never unexpectantly
Expect = to regard as likely to happen
- Settled int he land of little fruit
- Had to deal with the trigger of offense
- Now he is going to see the fulfillment of his dream
Genesis 12: 2 I will make you into a great nation
25 years later God appears again to him about this promise
Genesis 18: 10 I will return next year at this time you will have a son
1. We must understand the growth principle
Seed is the word of God
We scatter the seed out unto the ground.
- Ground can mean the world around us
- The ground can also mean our own soul which is composed of our mind, will, and emotions
The seed goes out and grows even though we do not understand what is happening.
Power is not in the earth or soil, the power is int he seed itself and how it turns from a seed into a crop is beyond comprehension.
Genesis 17 God appears to Abraham by the name El Shaddai
- One who can create or destroy
- One who can overpower anything
- One who will nourish and bring to fruitfulness
Vs 5 Call yourself Abraham instead of Abram Abraham means father of many nations
Vs 15 no longer call your wife Sarai, call her Sarah Noble woman or princess (disgrace of not having children removed)
What do you think it was like around the camp as these two started calling each other by other names.
The seed was producing a harvest. WE don’t understand how their bodies changed so they could have children, but they did.
2. Earth Produces a Harvest
Mark 4: 28 Earth produces on its own
This is only used one other place. Peter is in jail in Acts 12. The church is praying for him and an angel appears to release him. They walk through gates and jail cells. When they walk through the last door, Peters eyes are opened and he realizes he is not dreaming
Vs 10 is the same word as the ground produces.
Vs 11 Peter came to his senses and realized what was happening.
Eyes adjust tot he circumstances around us.
Earth adjusts to what is needed for the harvest to come forth.
God Almighty will come and overpower, destroy, produce and bring forth fruitfulness.
We wait for God to come and bring forth fruit of what we are believing him for. When he does, it will come suddenly.
1. Joseph had a dream that he would be a ruler. It took 14 years for this to come to fruition. He was sold as a slave, he ended up in jail, and in one day he became the second most powerful person in Egypt.
2. Children of Israel were in bondage for 400 years, one night God tells them pack up because I am taking you out tomorrow.
3. Jesus int he grave for 3 days, then suddenly the stone moved and he rose from the dead.
4. disciples waiting for the promise of the Holy Spirit and suddenly the fire and wind of God came upon them.
3. Final Fruit coming
1Corinthians 15: 51, 52 You will be transformed and changed int he twinkling of an eye
- Philippians 3: 21 We will be like him
- 1 John 3: 2 When He appears we shall be like him for we shall see him as he is.
- Revelation 21: 2 We will be like a bride adorned for her husband
- 1 Corinthians 15 the seed of this life will break open and we will be clothed with imperishable
Mark 4: 29 when everything is ready, the harvest will come.
In the mean time we wait on God for God Almighty to come upon us and bring to fulfillment what he has promised he would do.
Key Point; Adjust your eyes to believe your word.