1 John 3: 18 – 24
1. The guilt complex
Guilt can destroy a life so we need to learn to deal with it.
- Vs 20 Even if I feel guilty God is greater than my feelings because God knows the heart.
- If it is false guilt God doesn’t worry about it.
- If it is true guilt, God is bigger than my sin and able to forgive all.
- God wants to bring healing to the heart and not condemn it.
2. The blessings of a heart that is not condemned
Vs 21 – 22
This is repeated in 1 John 5: 13 – 15 Ask anything in my name and I will do it.
How many have asked for something and it has not happened?
Look at other verses that say the same thing to see what God is asking of us in this area of answered prayer.
- First we have to ask James 4: 2, 3 we do not have because we do not ask.
- We are able to ask because we are in relationship
- We are God’s children
- God already gave his son to die for us will he withhold any good thing? Romans 8: 32
- We know how to give good gifts and we are sinners. How much more will the father in heaven give you all things Luke 11: 13
- Believe we have it Mark 11: 215
- See fulfillment before it happens
- Praying with expectancy
- Forgive others Mark 11: 25
- Pray in the name of Jesus. John 14: 14 Yes ask me for anything in my name and I will do it.
- This is more than just adding in Jesus name at the end of our prayers.
- We are to be Jesus to those around us.
- Ephesians 5: 1 Imitate God.
- God will answer so he is glorified John 14: 13 Ask for anything in my name and I will do it so that the son can bring glory to the father.
Glorify = give a good picture of in front of others
God will bring his answer in the time of His favor
Isaiah 49: 8 This is what the LORD says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances
Key Point: Can we hold on until the time of favor comes?