- Jesus in Mary
Imagine what it was like to walk around with God almighty in you like Mary experienced.
We have better, Christ, the anointed one
Colossians 1: 17 Christ in us the Hope of Glory
Christ = Messiah
Messiah = Savior or liberator
Hope = Joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation (Or we have a savior or liberator in us)
2. Why a savior is needed
Romans 5: 12 When Adam sinned, we all sinned
EXAMPLE: we were in Adam so we sinned when he did.
- Vs 15 Death to many
Many is an understatement it is 100%
Baby born it is going to die, the only question is when.
2. Death = Misery of soul, loss of life which was worthy of a name. Our names disappear after generations pass.
3. Sinners. Vs 17 Deviations from truth, misdeeds, falls, lapses
EXAMPLE child born into this, They have to be taught to do right not wrong, that comes naturally
4. Condemnation = not just dying, but damnation Vs 16
3. God’s Gift
Vs 15 There is a great difference between Adam’s sin and God’s gracious gift.
Vs 15 As 100% death rate came because of Adam’s sin, another Adam WHOSE GIFT IS MUCH MORE CERTAIN (MORE CERTAIN THAN 100%) came and offers Grace and gift of forgiveness of our DEVIATIONS, MISDEEDS, FALLS, AND LAPSES.
4. Two Adams
We were born into the first Adam and are going to die.
1 Corinthians 1: 30 God has united
As in Adam and my Buckman name, now I have a new name.
Who am I united with? Christ (Anointed One) Jesus. (Jesus Jehovah is salvation.)
Righteousness – approval by God
Pure – heart and life made right
Not just behavior modification battle of desiring to restrain evil is gone and taken away.
Freed from Sin Redeemed, bought by the life of Jesus on the Cross.
5. New Breed of man
First Adam = Ate from a tree and we all died
Last Adam = Nailed to a tree and all of this stuff was taken away.
First Adam sinned and instantly looked for someone to blame.
Last Adam died and took our blame
Jesus became a life giving spirit. ZOE.
EXAMPLE: MARY CAME TO ELIZABETH AND HER BABY LEPT AT AN EMBRYO, HOW MUCH MORE WILL THE COMPLETED WORK OF CHRIST BE ABLE TO GIVE US LIFE?
Vs 47 First man = made of dust of earth
In me dwells no good thing,
Second man = new breed of man are like the heavenly man.
Not a word for what we will be like someday. Now we have hope.
- We are from this planet and Christ is from heaven, yet we now receive a new body that will be like him, NOT EQUAL TO HIM. MADE IN HIS IMAGE DOES NOT MAKE US LITTLE GODS
- Jesus quickens us by his spirit OUR HOPE OF GLORY. HEAVEN IS OUR DESTINY.
- Not discouraged when I lose a battle because Christ has won the war.
1 Corinthians 15: 58 DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED IN WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
LIFE GROUP QUESTIONS
1. What do you think it was like for Mary and Joseph to walk around knowing the baby inside her was God?
2. Colossians 1: 17 states that we have something better than that, we have Christ in us and this is a reason for hope.
3. It is important to know that we need a Savior. Read Romans 5: 12. How can it say that when Adam sinned, we all sinned? (We were all in Adam. If he died, we would not exist so in a way, we were there in the garden with him)
4. What are some of the result of adams disobedience? Read Romans 5: 15 – 17
5. God gives us a gracious gift of grace (Read Romans 5: 15 again) Notice it says that the gift of grace is even greater than the rest of the act of sin. The act of sin is 100% mortality rate, Grace is better than 100%
6. 1 Corinthians 1: 30 states God has united us with Christ. We were from Adam and deserved the results of his disobedience, now we are united with Christ and receive what he has for us.
7. Read 1 Corinthians 15: 45 – 49 It talks about two Adams. Who are they? (Adam from the garden and Jesus) Let’s look at the differences between the two. How does the Bible describe the first Adam? (Living person Vs 45, Made from dusts Vs 47, We are earthly) How does it describe the last Adam? (Life giving spirit, Vs 45, Came from heaven Vs 47)
NOTICE IT SWITCHES THE NAME FROM THE LAST ADAM TO THE SECOND MAN. THE LAST ADAM PAID THE PRICE THAT WE INHERITED FROM THE FIRST ADAM, THE SECOND MAN STARTS A WHOLE NEW BREED OF MAN.
8. Read 1 Corinthians 15: 58 We are being changed daily and because of this,w e can work enthusiastically knowing nothing we do for God is ever in vain.