Looking at Daniel
1. There are reasons for not being a kingdom changer
- Daniel was a captive that was taken to Babylon
- There was a prophesy about these captives that they were taken because they were not spiritual
- Daniel was made a Eunuch
- Danger of living in the midst of Babylon and all it had to offer
2. Babylon will disappear
USA Today had an article about people wanting Underground hideaways
Daniel recognized the handwriting on the wall.
1 John 2: 15 Do not love the world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
3. Examples of kingdom changing prayer
- Daniel and friends start to pray for the interpretation of a dream (Daniel 2: 17 – 19)
- Daniel prayed that people would return to Jerusalem after 70 years of captivity
4. Characteristics of Kingdom changing prayer
- humility Isaiah 57: 15 god lives with those whose spirits are contrite and humble.
- Reading of the Word of God.
- Warfare in prayer
- Biggest warfare can be time to pray
Key Point: Prayer must become a priority
Prayer a priority in his life
Ask Holy Spirit to increase this area in our lives.
Take authority over every interruption that you can take authority over (shut off phone). And take spiritual authority over everything that is beyond our control.