This mornings story is not exactly a parable, but it is a story.
Luke 11: 5, 6 teaching us to pray.
- Midnight Vs 5
Midnight is a time of transition whether good or bad
- One day to another.
- Angel of Death came at midnight in Egypt
- Boaz found Ruth at his feet at midnight and chose at that time to make her his wife
- Job talks about the people being troubled at midnight and passing away Job 34: 20
- David will rise up and give thanks at midnight because of what you are doing on the earth Psalm 119: 62
- Bridegroom calls out to the twelve virgins at midnight Matthew 25
- Paul and Silas sang praises at midnight while they were in prison and an earthquake came Acts 16: 25
- Paul on a trip in a storm they deemed at midnight they were approaching a land that they did not know. OR we are entering a unfamiliar place
Isn’t that what transition is?
I don’t know what is on the other side of this.
This person chose to pray at midnight
2. Praying for a friend
I idon’thave anything to give to this person.
If they didn’t have anything, it would have been easy to pray to supply my need and I will give out of the abundance.
If we are going through a transition, those around us are also affected.
Coming to a friend
Not only praying for a friend, but coming to a friend.
There is a relationship established.
3. I don’t have anything
I don’t have the resources to meet the transition that is in front of me.
We are incapable of steering through this situation.
My friend has everything I have need of instead of other things we look to for comfort
- Empathy from others
- Bottle to calm nerves.
- Television to dull nerves
4. I need three loaves.
Carter Conlon Three represent Jesus
- Sacrifices three years old
- Three days and nights in the grave
- Jesus 33 when he died and ministered for 3 years as just a few examples
We need Jesus in the midst of this transition.
God is with my comings out and my going in. Psalm 121: 8
Give us your Holy Spirit in these days
You have what I need and I am not leaving until I get it from you.